What I learned from this project was that fully designing an app comes with its own challenges no matter how confident in the idea going into it you may be. What was easy was coming up with the different sections to include. It came very quickly and easily.
What was challenging was figureing all of the features that should be included. The app could be imporved by figuring out a better layout for extra features to make it easier for others to navigate. I might apply this knowledge to future assignments by focusing more on smaller details that can be very important instead of only focusing on the larger idea like in this project.
What I learned from this project is that it is not a simple challenge when coming up with a design for an app. It takes time and some imagination to come up with a design that has some character to it. The easy part was making it in Figma. While Figma is not always the clearest in how to complete things, it is still very easy to accomplish things. A way that I could have improved my design is to create more of a sketch pad look that I was going for. I could apply this knowledge for further projects by laying out all the features ahead of time so I don’t need to backtrack on work.
What I learned from this lab is how to use typography and how to elevate the piece to the next level. Before when I sat pieces like this, I didn’t think much about them and what went into putting it together. Now I see how integral putting the words together the right way can make or break a piece. What I found easy for this was just figuring out the font and what poem I would be using. The challenging aspect was figuring out the best way to put everything together. My piece could be improved by figuring out a better way to fit the words together. I could apply this knowledge to future pieces by instead of just having plain text,
For this metaphor project, my metaphor was drowning in sorrow. One of the things I learned from this project was how using a metaphor image for a piece can really make the message look better. While one could just write out the metaphor or have a simple image that isn’t the full metaphor, making the combination look better. Along with that, I learned how helpful the web of ideas can help make an image better. It could take a simple idea and image and turn it into something much better. The easy part was coming up with the metaphor to do, the challenging part was coming up with the most effective way to show it. My submission could be improved by just making everything look more uniform and like it is all supposed to be together. I could apply this to future projects by using metaphors and the idea web to improve future pieces’ qualities.
What I learned from this project is how much a color scheme can go to improve a piece. While these pieces still could have worked with colors that didnt match a color scheme, It can really complete a work. The easy part was just coming up with the color scheme tself as the adobe software did most of the hard work for me. All i had to do was pick which look nice. What was challening was trying to make a piece that looked nice with the given colors, while seeming like it could be that envirnoment. This submisison can possibly be imporved with some more detail added to it. This knwoledge could be applied to future projects by using specfic color scheems more.
What I learned from this project were the many different small things that can make a gestalt better. While I was generally aware of the genral idea behind some of the concepts, it was interesting to see how much they are in graphics one would see all the time.
What was easy?
What was easy about this project is that once I figured out what I wanted to do with each concept, it was very easy to make it a reality. Figma is a pretty easy application to use and is fun to use.
What was challenging?
What I found challenging for this project was figuring out what to do for each line of the poem. It was diffcult as trying to think of an inventive way to both show the line of the poem while keeping in mind the concepts of gestalt. This proved diffcult as it could be hard to not make something that didn’t work or looked boring.
How could my submission be improved?
My submission could be improved in small little ways. If I knew a better way to integrate the concepts into my work, it could have made it look much better.
How could the assignment be improved for the next class?
The assignment could be improved by providing more examples of the different concepts in the PowerPoint presentation.
How might I apply this knowledge in future assignments or work scenarios?
I might apply this knowledge in the future by being able to create more interesting images and pieces for other projects.
How did a specfic reading or video inspire me?
No specific reading or video really inspired me in any major way.
For this project, I learned more of my way around Illustrator and some of the possibilities that I didn’t understand that it could do. Overall, the project was relatively easy thing to take on. Even though getting a handle on the different tools of Illustrator took a bit of time, once I did the task at hand was pretty simple. The most challenging thing of the project was just trying to get the overall final look to seem appeasing. The submission could have been improved if I had figured out a better color scheme and better images to match.
I feel that the project was very nicely given to us. The only way i could see improvement would be to give us more options of packages to make. I could apply this knowledge to any firther illustrator projects in the future.