This Wednesday I went to the Kiss Concert. The show was great, with awesome music and cool stage effects. I felt that this would be the best topic to use for my project 1 gallery. I chose at least one picture for every part of the concert; from start to finish. However, the pictures shown aren’t in chronological order. The hardest part of this project for me was to get good enough quality pictures to touch up. By the end of the concert, I had roughly 50 pictures and videos to choose from. Unfortunately, many of them were unusable, due to the poor quality. There are still even a couple that I had to use, that were not the quality I wanted. One major cause of this was all of the smoke from their indoor fireworks display. Leaving the stadium was like driving through fog on an early morning. If I were to do this project again, I would probably avoid any event that will smoke up the stadium.
For this I had to use the magnetic lasso tool to select the outline of the flower. I then added a 10 pixel feather to when i deleted the rest of the picture to make sure that nothing but the flower was left.
I actually reversed what I was supposed to do by selecting the letters as the mask for the background, rather than the other way around. Luckily, what came out of it was a really cool backdrop for the text.
These techniques that we learned how to do will definitely be useful going into further work. Besides that there isn’t much to be said, hopefully I will be able to effectively use what I learned to create something that I can be proud of.